Field Applications Specialist:
Are you curious, driven, and collaborative? Do you want to work in one of the most
innovating biotech companies in bay area? # 2 on the Scientist 2018 Top 10 innovations list,
We are looking for a highly motivated individual to join the Commercial Team as Field Applications Specialist. This exciting and challenging role is responsible for performing on-site platform trainings and providing experimental design, data analysis, and general troubleshooting support. The position will be critical in maintaining intact relationships with customers as well as ensuring rapid adoption and immediate customer success with Mission Bio’s products.
The Field Applications Specialist will provide pre-sales and post-sales support to assist with customer product onboarding, case logging, triaging, and distribution to cross functional groups. It includes handling basic customer queries and providing technical information and seminars focusing on Mission Bio’s technology, analyzing inbound technical emails, live chat or conferencing as necessary, creating a community, recording cases in a CRM system, determine case priority and escalation requirements, and triage between departments as required. This is a fast-paced, multi-tasking position. As a key member of the Team you will also assist in the development and improvement of key commercial processes to ensure that Mission Bio provides customers with world class technical support.
- The ideal candidate will have molecular biology and/or cancer biology experience and has worked as part of a multi-disciplinary team encompassing the whole experimental cycle from sample collection to analysis. Previous experience in a field-based support role is desired.
- Support field sales team at trade shows and seminars.
- Gather and deliver strategic and competitive customer feedback.
- Communicate customer use cases beyond initial product scope to Marketing and Product Development teams.
- Actively participate in following up inquiries from customers for further information on how Mission Bio’s products can help them in their research.
- Plan, perform and troubleshoot customer experiments to support customer collaborations and internal validation studies.
- Act as the primary point of contact between the customer and company.
- Keep customers apprised and educated on product updates.
- Coordinate and perform customer site trainings and demonstrations.
- Identify, document and communicate customer complaints and concerns to management.
- Contribute to technical documentation with the goal of expanding support content and increase user experience.
- Engage in scientific discussions with customers to cultivate long term relationships.
- You should have a minimum of three years lab or relevant experience with proven knowledge and understanding of molecular biology (NGS), cancer biology, informatics and related fields. Single cell laboratory experience is considered a plus.
- Field applications experience with an NGS company or relevant industry is desired but not essential.
- Rudimentary bioinformatics skills highly desirable.
- Previous experience giving oral presentations, teaching or training other scientists.
- 2 years customer facing experience desired.
- Technical competency to understand and clearly discuss fundamental theory and principles of experimental design, techniques and results; to stay current in technical knowledge; to troubleshoot and to provide information back to customers in a helpful, positive and professional manner.
- Proven ability of effective written and verbal communication and listening skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to effectively communicate and project both during face to face and telephone interactions.
- Strong proven commitment to customer service and satisfaction, the ability to effectively work on and manage many priorities at one time with excellent troubleshooting, writing and editing skills.
- Familiarity with SFDC software. Ability to maintain records for customer sites and provide high level feedback to management.
- Must be willing to travel up to 80%. Ability to manage a large territory.
- A minimum BSc (5 years) or MS level (3 years). Ph.D. desired